Create an extraordinary school play with the National Theatre
Developed with teachers and senior leaders from a broad range of primary schools, Let’s Play provides everything you need to make an outstanding piece of theatre with children at both Key Stage 1 and 2.
To register your school to take part please complete this short survey
Cost: £350 per school
Special introductory offer: schools that sign up this academic year will have access to the programme for an additional term.
This will give you access to the programme from April 2018 until July 2019, allowing you to stage 3 performances and take part in three separate CPDL courses.
Let’s Play is an ambitious creative learning programme that can transform creativity and theatre-making in your school. Using a programme of CPDL, specially commissioned plays for children to perform and a suite of learning resources, Let’s Play inspires learning across the curriculum.
Every aspect of the course has been really useful. It has helped me think differently about how to stage our performance and move away from our traditional way of staging, which is really exciting and freeing. Teacher
How does Let’s Play work?
The programme includes:
- Specialist theatre making courses for both KS1 and KS2 teachers, led by professional theatre artists
- Access to specially-commissioned scripts (and performance licences).
- Musical scores and backing tracks for original songs.
- Access to curriculum-linked teaching sequences.
- Handbooks, a series of short films and guidance for teachers on how to direct and stage your plays.
- The opportunity for children to gain an Arts Award.