Create an extraordinary school play with the National Theatre
What is Let's Play?
- Let’s Play provides primary schools with everything you need to make an outstanding piece of theatre.
Why take part in Let's Play?
- An impressive and entertaining school play that everyone will be proud of.
- Pupils gain confidence and team working skills.
- Teachers learn how to stage high-quality school productions.
- Teachers develop their understanding of creative learning, and how to apply those skills in their classrooms.
What does your school get?
- Access to eight new scripts for children to perform.
- Musical scores and backing tracks for original songs.
- CPD courses for teachers led by professional theatre makers. (Courses run termly.)
- A Teacher Toolkit and film resources. Cross-curricular activities.
- The opportunity for children to gain an Arts Award.
Where did Let's Play come from?
- Let’s Play was developed by the National Theatre with teachers and school leaders from a broad range of primary schools.
- Let's Play aims to transform creativity and theatre-making in primary schools, with pupils and teachers learning new skills.
CPD’s taking place this year:
11 and 12 Feb – NT
14 and 15 Feb – Everyman Playhouse, Liverpool
28 Feb and 1 March – CAST, Doncaster
20 and 21 May – National Theatre
22 and 23 May – The Lowry, Salford
3 and 4 June – Hillstone Primary School, Birmingham
(More to be confirmed)
How do I take part?
- Let’s Play costs £350 per academic year. Discounted places are also available – please contact Lorna (below) for more information.
- To register to take part, please complete this short form.
How do I find out where my nearest Lets Play course is?
If you can’t see a course in a region near you, please do email us and we can advise. Let’s Play is for everyone living in the UK.
For more information about Let’s Play please contact Lorna on 020 7452 3370 or email email@example.com