Create an extraordinary school play with the National Theatre
Developed with teachers and senior leaders from a broad range of primary schools, Let’s Play provides everything you need to make an outstanding piece of theatre with children at both Key Stage 1 and 2.
Let’s Play is an ambitious creative learning programme that can transform creativity and theatre-making in your school. Using a programme of CPDL, specially commissioned plays for children to perform and a suite of learning resources, Let’s Play inspires learning across the curriculum.
Let’s Play will be available to schools across the UK from January 2018
Every aspect of the course has been really useful. It has helped me think differently about how to stage our performance and move away from our traditional way of staging, which is really exciting and freeing. Teacher
How does Let’s Play work?
The programme includes:
- Specialist theatre making courses for both KS1 and KS2 teachers, led by professional theatre artists
- Access to specially-commissioned scripts (and performance licences).
- Musical scores and backing tracks for original songs.
- Access to curriculum-linked teaching sequences.
- Handbooks, a series of short films and guidance for teachers on how to direct and stage your plays.
- The opportunity for children to gain an Arts Award.
Let’s Play is based on an original idea by Katie Mitchell.
Let’s Play is supported by The Mohn Westlake Foundation, Paul Hamlyn Foundation and Charlotte and Simon Warshaw.
What impact will Let’s Play have in my school?
- The school play will be the basis for experiential, cross-curricular topic based learning.
- Children will be empowered to contribute to every aspect of the process, developing valuable core skills and attributes such as empathy, teamwork and leadership.
- Teachers will learn how to stage high-quality school productions.
- Teachers will enhance their understanding of creative learning, and explore how to apply these skills to their future classroom practice.
- The whole school community will come together for the school play, celebrating achievement and championing creativity.
For more information about Let’s Play please contact Lorna on 020 7452 3370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register your school to take part please complete this short survey
Cost: £350 per school
Special introductory offer: schools that sign up this academic year will have access to the programme for an additional term.
This will give you access to the programme from April 2018 until July 2019, allowing you to stage 3 performances and take part in three separate CPDL courses.
I had no confidence or experience prior to the course. I'm leaving with ideas that form a framework or what I want to achieve and how I'll achieve it. Teacher.
The children have developed skills in understanding the relationship between characters and audience, focus, working ‘as one’ and in problem-solving. Teacher
Sign up to our mailing list for our Schools and Colleges programmes. If you're new to the National, you will need to register with your personal and school's details. If you already have an account, please email email@example.com with your name, and address and your school name, postcode and your job title.