What is Let's Play?
- Let’s Play is a series of creative learning projects, resources and teacher CPD opportunities for UK primary schools which place drama and creativity at the heart of the curriculum and teaching practice. Whether you are an NQT or an experienced teacher or senior leader who has been responsible for the school play for years, Let’s Play has something to offer you.
What will my school get as a Let’s Play member?
Let’s Play is perfectly placed to support your school to gain Arts Award. Find out how.
Support with Drama and Performance
Let’s Play will support you and your staff to create outstanding theatre performances in your school - whether for an end of term school production, a shorter topic-based performance for assembly or simply to support learning in the classroom. You will get unlimited access to:
- Playscripts (with songs and music) for KS1 and KS2 children to perform
- Cross-curricular creative learning schemes of work linked to each playscript
- CPD training opportunities in every aspect of creating performance in school
- Clear and simple toolkits providing guidance on using drama across the curriculum.
Professional Development for Teaching staff
Let’s Play will support staff professional development with access to CPD sessions and courses, both online and in person, with a focus on:
- Developing a creative approach to learning across the curriculum
- Different aspects of theatre-making within a primary school context
- Planning, preparing and rehearsing your school production
- Personal impact for teachers
- Educational films for pupils on different aspects of theatre and theatre making and jobs in theatre.
- Films for teachers demonstrating creative learning techniques.
- Films supporting teachers with the common challenges of creating theatre with children.
What impact will Let’s Play have in my school?
- Teachers learn simple and effective ways to create high-quality performances and use drama as a tool for learning.
- Teachers develop a deep understanding of creative learning, and how to apply those skills in their teaching practice across the curriculum
- Teachers discover tools to maximise their personal impact in the classroom.
- The creative learning approach allows pupils with a range of learning styles and abilities an opportunity to succeed and to enjoy learning.
- Pupils gain confidence, self-esteem and core skills such as empathy, team work and leadership.
- Pupils learn to be creative problem solvers.
- Pupils have an opportunity to gain an Arts Award
If you have any questions about Let’s Play, please email us [email protected]