Introduce your pupils to the wonderful world of Shakespeare
An inspiring programme which offers children in years 4 - 6 a thrilling experience of Shakespeare in performance, underpinned by an in-depth creative learning programme with a focus on literacy. In Spring 2018 we present a new and interactive production of The Winter’s Tale by William Shakespeare, specially adapted for primary schools.
It was an outstanding performance. The costumes, the production, the multi-cultural cast together reminded me of the great tradition of contemporary theatre our lucky children are being exposed to, via the National Theatre. Year 5 teacher - Lauriston Primary
The programme will consist of:
- A performance of a high-quality Shakespeare production either in your school or at the National Theatre (duration 60 minutes)
- Creative learning options to suit your school; either a one-off pre-show workshop for your class or an in-depth education programme that includes CPD and teacher resources.
- 22 January – 09 February 2018: touring to London primary schools zone 1-4, accommodating up to 120 children per performance.
- 14 February – 28 February 2018: performances at the National Theatre.
- £250 per class for a performance at the National Theatre
- £800 for a performance in your school (up to 120 children)
- Creative learning options range from £100-350 (depending on the option selected and number of classes booked in)
A stunning show: definitely the best thing I have ever seen for schools and a brilliant way to develop the children's interest in high-quality literature and theatre.
Literacy Coordinator – Barlby Primary School on Romeo and Juliet