An inspiring programme for state primary schools which offers children in years 4 - 6 a thrilling experience of Shakespeare in performance, underpinned by a creative literacy programme.
In Spring 2022 were delighted to remount our production of Hamlet in the Dorfman Theatre and on a national tour of primary schools.
'To be or not to be…’
Hamlet’s dad is dead. His uncle has taken over the kingdom and married Hamlet’s mum. The whole world feels like it’s turned upside down. A ghostly encounter reveals a dreadful deed has been done. Should Hamlet take revenge?
‘That is the question.’
The programme consists of:
- An energetic and engaging performance of Hamlet at the National Theatre specially created for school years 4, 5 and 6 (duration 65 minutes)
- A pre-show workshop delivered in school to introduce your pupils to the characters, plot and language of Hamlet prior to seeing the production.
- CPD for teachers on creative literacy and approaches to Shakespeare with Key Stage 2
A place for one class costs just £300 . This includes:
- Up to 35 tickets to see the performance in the Dorfman Theatre (including teacher tickets)
- A pre-show workshop delivered in your school (duration 2 hours)
- Up to 2 places on a twilight CPD session for teachers (at the NT)
N.B Primary Theatre and the package above is only available to state-funded primary schools in the UK.