Find out how we’re delivering on our mission.
As a charity, we produce an annual report and a set of financial statements for the Charity Commission each year.
These reports give an important retrospective into how we’ve delivered on our mission. Our reports cover the financial year, 1 April – 30 March.
We are also lucky to be a National Portfolio Organisation, which means we receive regular investment from Arts Council England to support our nationwide mission. It is the bedrock on which we generate the rest of our income, while investing in large scale programmes with young people and communities across the UK, artist development and touring.
Read our latest report
- 24% of audiences at the South Bank were aged under 35, and 37% were first-time visitors.
- We worked with over 100 UK theatres on collaborative projects including commissioning and learning programmes.
- We paid-out over £1,000,000 in royalties to creative freelancers, generated by streaming income from National Theatre at Home.
- 80% of UK state secondary schools are now using the National Theatre Collection, for free.
- Over 500,000 engagements with Young People across online and in-person activity.
- 84% of materials used by the scenic construction, props, and costume had a planned future use.