You can buy theatre tickets for all shows at the National Theatre, transfers from the National Theatre to the West End and selected shows at other venues. These can be bought online, by phone and in person.
The National Theatre aims to be accessible to all and offers a range of prices and tickets to enable anyone to see great theatre. Since 2003, over 1.5 million tickets have been sold at £12 or less, made possible in large part by Travelex. Find out about the different cheap theatre tickets at the National and for its West End transfers.
Ticket prices are listed on each show page and Concessions are also available for most performances.
National Theatre Box Office Opening Hours
Buying theatre tickets in person and by phone:
Monday to Saturday 9.30am − 8pm, in person and by phone (times will vary on Bank Holidays).
Sunday (on performance days) in person, 12noon − 6pm and by phone, 12noon − 3pm.
phone: +44 (0)20 7452 3000
We accept American Express, Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, Solo, Visa and National Theatre Gift Vouchers for ticket purchases online and by phone.
To pay with Theatre Tokens, please call the Box Office on +44 (0)20 7452 3000.
Buying theatre tickets online
All shows and events that are currently booking can be seen on the Buy tickets and what's on page.
If you have an account with us (if you've booked tickets online before you will have registered your details with us) but have forgotten your password you can request an email that provides you with a link to change your password here
Online Ticketing card processing
Online payments are processed by TNS Secure Payments Network which is integrated with our website at the checkout stage. The Verified by Visa and Mastercard Secure Code security services are included in this managed service to increase the security of transactions on the National Theatre website.
If you experience any problems with online booking, please call the Box Office on +44 (0)20 7452 3000 during opening hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are valid only when issued by the National Theatre or an authorised agent.
Tickets may not, without written consent of the National Theatre, be resold for commercial purposes or at a premium, nor may it be packaged or used for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes.
If a ticket is sold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be refused admission.
Further information about shows and attending performances
- Strobe lighting, smoke effects and gunshots are sometimes used in productions; details are available from the Box Office after the first preview.
- Concessions are limited and allocated at the management's discretion.
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
- Unless a performance is expressly stated to permit entry to children under the age of four, children under the age of four are not permitted to enter the auditoriums but are welcome in the foyers.
- If parents or guardians would like guidance on the content and suitability of individual NT plays, please call the Box Office.
- The NT reserves the right to refuse admission and may request any Ticket holders and Learning Event participants to leave or during performances if it considers it to be necessary or desirable to do so.
- The NT may also, on certain occasions, have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of its patrons.
- The NT will not permit cans or glass containers to be brought into the auditorium.
- Mobile phones and other electronic equipment must be switched off (not silenced) before entering the auditorium.
- The NT and any authorised third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By attending NT productions or events, you consent to you and your party being included in and to the commercial exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.