Under Milk Wood
A community is sleeping. If you listen closely, you can hear their dreams.
The retired sea captain yearning for his lost love.
The landlady living in terror of her guests.
A father who can no longer access his memories.
A son in search of redemption.
As they awake to boiled eggs and the postman, the residents of a small Welsh village juggle old secrets and new realities.
Michael Sheen, Karl Johnson and Siân Phillips feature in the acting company breathing new life into Dylan Thomas’ poetic masterpiece. Lyndsey Turner directs.
We can’t wait to welcome you back for live performances
We're proud to be See It Safely approved by Official London Theatre, so you can feel confident and safe knowing that staff, artists and audiences are COVID-secure based on the latest government guidelines.
Here are some helpful points to remember when booking tickets and planning your visit:
- Please note that tickets cannot be booked in person for this show and Day Tickets are not available. Friday Rush tickets are available closer to each performance and we suggest you check back regularly online for possible returns.
- Seating in the Olivier theatre will be physically distanced throughout the run of Under Milk Wood.
- Tickets will be available for households and support bubbles to buy in singles, pairs or groups of 3 or 4 people.
- Seats in our theatres have been allocated four separate arrival times - these staggered arrival times help keep you safe during your visit.
- In advance of your visit, you will receive an email with your specific arrival time.
- To be admitted to the building, everyone over 16 years old will need to provide contact details for NHS Test & Trace on arrival.
Learn more about the ways we are welcoming audiences back safely
Supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation through the Weston Culture Fund
The reopening of the Olivier theatre is generously supported by Areté Foundation / Betsy & Ed Cohen