Explore playwriting with students aged 14–19
with professional mentoring, CPD for teachers and the chance to see students' work performed at the National Theatre.
What will schools gain from taking part in New Views?
Through participating in the New Views programme students will have the unique and exciting opportunity to:
- Teachers will be upskilled as practical facilitators and be able to encourage students to explore a range of pertinent topics through creative writing.
- Young people are empowered to the tell the stories that matter to them
- Young people develop playwriting techniques which include essential skills such as independent working, communication, and research through feedback and critical examination of their work.
- Students will understand the power of theatre to create a place of community and a shared experience of storytelling
- Students will explore and communicate ideas on the changing world and different perspectives.
Who can take part?
Any school or college can apply to participate in the programme.
New Views is aimed at school years 10–13, although slightly younger students may take part at the discretion of individual schools and colleges.
The cost for New Views 2022/23 will be:
State Schools: £300 (Bursaries are available if the cost is a barrier to participation; contact us to find out more.)
Independent Schools: £600 which includes a state school's place on New Views.
See the New Views timeline and how it works (PDF 94KB).
Find out more with our New Views Digital Handbook (PDF 1.53MB)
Content warning: The materials used in this programme sometimes contain strong language and controversial subject matter which some might find offensive.
If you have any questions about the programme, or require any further information, please contact [email protected]