Explore playwriting with students aged 14 - 19 with professional mentoring, CPD for teachers and the chance to see students' work performed at the NT.
Find out more about New Views course content on our microsite.
Content warning: The materials used in this programme sometimes contain strong language and controversial subject matter which some might find offensive.
The National Theatre's Partner for Learning is Bank of America.
New Views is supported by The Mohn Westlake Foundation, Buffini Chao Foundation, The Hearn Foundation Old Possum’s Practical Trust, The Steel Charitable Trust and Chapman Charitable Trust.
Audible is the Official Audio Partner of New Views
Take part in New Views
Applications for New Views 2021-2022 are now open, to register please fill in our Application Form. The Programme will run from September 2021-July 2022.
What will schools gain from taking part in New Views?
Through participating in the New Views programme students will have the unique and exciting opportunity to:
- Teachers will be upskilled as practical facilitators and be able to encourage students to explore a range of pertinent topics through creative writing.
- Young people are empowered to the tell the stories that matter to them
- Young people develop playwriting techniques which include essential skills such as independent working, communication, and research through feedback and critical examination of their work.
- Students will understand the power of theatre to create a place of community and a shared experience of storytelling
- Students will explore and communicate ideas on the changing world and different perspectives.
Who can take part?
Any school or college can apply to participate in the programme.
• New Views is aimed at school years 10 - 13, although slightly younger students may take part at the discretion of individual schools and colleges.
The cost for New Views 2021/22 will be:
State Schools: £300 (Bursaries are available if the cost is a barrier to participation; contact us to find out more.)
To find out more about the New Views timeline and how it works click here.
If you have any questions about the programme, or require any further information, please contact [email protected]