Please note that due to the current circumstances regarding COVID-19 we are unable to schedule new placements at the present time.
Thank you for your patience.
The aim of the Work Placement programme at the National Theatre is to create opportunities in theatre for as many people as possible, across a broad range of disciplines and departments.
- Work Placements at the NT are for people aged 18 and over, and are offered in a variety of different departments.
- Placements are open to over 18s studying at a UK educational institution (school, college, university) and those who have left an institution in the last year.
- If the department you are interested in is currently accepting applications for work placements please view the role outlines and use the question sheet provided to apply for the role.
- You are able to apply for more than one department but you must use a separate question sheet for each department.
- It is advised that you apply for a placement as far in advance as possible as popular departments receive a number of requests for placements and fill up spaces quickly.
PLEASE NOTE: Placements will NOT be available in Acting, Writing, Directing, Producing, Casting or Set Design.
If you have any questions or require any assistance with your application you can email email@example.com
We encourage applications from all sections of the community and in particular those which are currently under-represented at the NT including BAME & disabled candidates.
Details of Departments offering placements
- Each department will have different times in which they are accepting applications, it is advised that you send in an application as far in advance as possible.
- It is advised that you apply up to six months in advance for speculative applications.
- All applications must be made using a question sheet; CVs alone are not permitted. We do endeavour to respond to all applications, however we do ask for your patience.
- If the department you are interested in is listed but not currently offering work placement please check back here soon, as there are regular updates made to this page. We politely ask that you do not contact departments directly.