A dreamthinkspeak production
presented by Somerset House and King's Cultural Institut
'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.'
Book of Revelation: Chapter 22; verse 13
Take a journey through the maze-like underground passages and unseen spaces of King's College and Somerset House into a world of calamitous accidents and divine revelations.
Mixing Leonardo-inspired hydraulics and modern mechanical engineering with dreamthinkspeak’s special blend of film, installation and live performance, it reveals a vision of the world either on the verge of collapse – or the brink of rebirth.
Acclaimed site-responsive theatre company dreamthinkspeak return to Somerset House after the sell-out success of their 2004 show Don’t Look Back.
Led by artistic director Tristan Sharps, the company is internationally recognised for its site-responsive performances in a range of unusual spaces, including an underground abattoir in Clerkenwell, a disused paper factory in Moscow and the Old Treasury Building in Perth, Australia.
‘It will change the way you see a London landmark – and possibly your way of life.’ Time Out
In the Beginning was the End ran from 28 January to 30 March 2013
- Performances Mon-Thu 6.30 – 9.35pm, Fri-Sat 6.30 – 10.55pm
- Audiences book for a slot at 5 minute intervals during this time period.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your allocated slot – latecomers cannot be admitted.
- If you require a companion to assist you, their ticket is free. These tickets need to be booked by phone with the Box Office on 020 7452 3000.
- Please bear in mind that this is a promenade performance, and there are a number of staircases.
- The performances on Monday 25th March at 7.15pm and Tuesday 26th March at 8.40pm will be audio-described for blind and/or partially-sighted audience members. To book tickets please call 020 7452 3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is male and female nudity in the production.
- The show is not suitable for children under 12, 12 – 16 year olds must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a promenade performance where you will be on your feet throughout - please wear comfortable footwear.
- There is no cloakroom available.
- The show begins in the East Wing of Somerset House. On arrival via Somerset House’s Strand entrance head towards the East Wing on the left hand side of the courtyard.
- All tickets are sold on a non-refundable, non-transferable basis unless the performance is cancelled.
- Please make sure that you leave sufficient travel time to arrive 5 minutes before your allocated slot, especially in inclement weather.
By purchasing tickets for this show you agree to your details being passed on to dreamthinkspeak, Somerset House Trust and King’s Cultural Institute for future usage. In addition, if you would like to be sent future communications from the National Theatre and the co-producers of this show, please ensure that ‘By EMail’ and ‘By Post’ are selected when you Register or review your Contact Preferences.