Filming and Photography at the National Theatre for Commercial Purposes
The National Theatre's brutalist architecture offers the perfect backdrop for commercial filming and photography shoots. The National Theatre offers panoramic views of the South Bank and the river Thames and has been used for award-winning television campaigns, advertising campaigns and blockbusters.
For filming and photography shoot requests at please email [email protected].
When submitting your enquiry please also include the following application form: Filming/photographing application form, and ensure that you include the following information:
- Size of crew
- Date of shoot
- Timings of shoot (please include set up and get out timings)
- Location of where you would like to shoot
Before filming or conducting your photoshoot the following information must be supplied:
- Copy of your public liability insurance (minimum cover of over £5 million)
- Your site-specific risk assessment
- Signed contract with the NT
- Location fee, staffing costs and any additional extras must be paid in full before the shoot date.
Any filming and photography you wish to host at the National Theatre for commercial purposes must be arranged with a minimum of 5 working days’ notice in advance with our Business Development team.
If you are taking photographs/ filming on National Theatre premises for anything other than personal use, please note that our security staff may approach you and reserve the right to ask you to stop and delete files if it transpires you are filming or taking photographs for commercial or editorial purposes without written permission.