Rockets and Blue Lights
'A swirling journey through black history'
On the set of a new film about Victorian artist JMW Turner, young actress Lou is haunted by an unresolved history. Meanwhile, in 1840 Londoners Lucy and Thomas try to come to terms with the meaning of freedom.
Moving between London past and present, we embark on a powerfully personal voyage through time.
Directed by Miranda Cromwell, and first staged at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester, this astonishing and fiercely political new play by Winsome Pinnock was named winner of the 2018 Alfred Fagon Award.
'An ugly truth made beautiful'
We can’t wait to welcome you for live performances
We're proud to be See It Safely approved by Official London Theatre, and have received the Visit Britain 'We're Good to Go' industry standard mark, so you can feel confident knowing that staff, artists and audiences are always COVID-secure based on the latest government guidelines.
Here are some helpful things to remember when booking tickets and planning your visit:
- Performances of Rockets and Blue Lights will take place without social distancing, should Government confirm the lifting of remaining COVID restrictions in England as expected.
Until ‘Step 4’ confirmation is received, these performances will be sold at socially distanced capacities in fixed clusters of singless and pairs of seats. And tickets for this show are limited to two per person.
Further tickets will be released following confirmation of ‘Step 4’ guidelines.
- Seats in our theatres are allocated four separate arrival groups, which are indicated when you select tickets: Group 1 is the earliest arrival time, with Group 4 being the closest to the start of the performance.
- In advance of your visit, you will receive an email with your specific arrival time.
- We ask that everyone over the age of 16 to provide contact details for NHS Test & Trace on arrival.
- Some of our theatre entrances may have changed since your last visit, so please view our map to familiarise yourselves with entry points.
Learn more about the ways we are welcoming audiences back safely
Supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation through the Weston Culture Fund