Photo by Stephen Cummiskey
1. Who do you play in John ?
I play Elias
2. Is there a scene you particularly enjoy performing?
My favourite scene is the three women sitting around a table drinking wine talking about the universe.
3. And do you have a favourite line in the show?
There are too many to choose from. I love them all.
4. Do you have any pre-show rituals?
It varies on the character but music is normally involved.
5. What would your dream role be?
I don't have a dream role, but I have dream writers.
6. Who is your backstage hero?
The crew in the Dorfman. Danny, John, Jody and the rest of them. I worked with them on Cleansed and they were so supportive. I also like chatting about football with them before the show.
7. Where’s your favourite spot in the National Theatre?
The balcony looking over the Thames is nice place to have a smoke.
8. What’s the most memorable on-stage moment you’ve seen or been part of that has made a lasting impression on you?
The first time I saw Ben Whishaw perform was pretty awesome.
9. What advice would you give to aspiring actors?
Work hard. Give it everything you got!
10. Finally, could you describe John in three words?
Annie F***ing Baker.
John is playing in the Dorfman theatre until 3 March. More information and book tickets here