The fee to take part in Connections 2018 is £500. For this you get:
· Access to ten fantastic plays especially commissioned by the National Theatre for Connections, all by leading writers
· A weekend of skills workshops including a workshop with the writer of your chosen play, facilitated by a leading director
· A chance to perform your play up to five times at your home venue
· To transfer your production to a leading Partner Theatre
· A visit from a National Theatre Connections Director who will provide comprehensive Development Notes to help you develop your production for transfer
· Ongoing support from the Connections team at the National Theatre throughout the year
Click here for T&Cs
The National Theatre wants to ensure the widest possible range of young companies can take part in Connections, including those for whom the fee of £500 is a significant barrier to participation. Bursaries are available to support companies with rehearsals, production and transfer costs.
This year we will offer a number of bursaries providing a 50%, 75%, and in exceptional circumstances, 100% reduction of the application fee.
We will prioritise those groups that can clearly demonstrate financial need or disadvantage, including but not limited to:
high levels of deprivation;
engaging NEET (not in education, employment or training) young people;
a lack of access to artistic and creative opportunities;
working with young people with special needs, physical disabilities or English as a second language; and,
when working in school settings, number of young people eligible for free school meals.
If you apply, we will ask you for additional details of your group and to demonstrate clearly your need for support.
Allocation of Connections 2018 bursaries is solely at the discretion of the National Theatre and we will contact you to let you know if you have been successful or not. We consider every application on its own merit.
The National Theatre reserves the right to withdraw funding or additional support should a company fail to meet its obligations of taking part in Connections.