Now, more than ever, we need the support of our friends and those closest to us, who share our belief in the power of theatre.
We are asking you to help shape a bright, creative future and support National Theatre Together. As a thank you, those who donate £100* or more can add their name – and a leaf – to a spectactular new art installation that will give a bright, creative welcome to everyone who walks through our doors.
The Tree will envelop the Lyttelton Foyer in a spectacular canopy of leaves. Each leaf will celebrate the generous support shown to us over this most significant time in our history.
Use the arrows on the photo above to scroll through the gallery and see stunning illustrative impressions of the new installation, The Tree. Please note that the precise final design is subject to change.
Following a competition open to recent finalists in the prestigious Linbury Prize for Stage Design, we’re delighted that Rose Revitt, winner of the 2019 Prize has been commissioned to create the installation. The Tree will illuminate our foyers and, as it grows, show how audiences and supporters nurture the National Theatre.
Everyone who donates £100 or more* will have the opportunity to add a leaf engraved with their name (or the name of a loved one) to The Tree, helping it to grow.
Other ways to donate
BACS Transfer: To make your donation via BACS transfer, please email [email protected] or call on 020 7452 3218 to request our bank details
Post: Please download a copy of this form and send it along with your cheque to Freepost RTUT-KELH-RUKH, Development Department, National Theatre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9PX
Phone: Please call 020 7452 3218 to speak to the Development team who will be pleased to hear from you
Gifts: If you are adding a name of a loved one to a leaf and would like to receive a gift certificate by email, please contact us at [email protected] or call 020 7452 3218. Please note certificates can only be emailed to the purchaser.
To donate less than £100, click here. All donations are hugely appreciated.
National Theatre Together
About your donation
*All donors who give £100 or more may choose to have a name included on the installation to recognise their vital contribution to this campaign. You can choose to acknowledge one or more people. (i.e. Lesley Smith, or The Patel Family, or Mr A Baker & Ms Y Hussain, or John & Lesley Smith).
Where your acknowledgement will appear:
- £100 – £499: your acknowledgement will be included on the installation in small font on a small leaf.
- £500 - £999: your acknowledgement will be included on the installation in medium font on a medium leaf.
- £1,000 or more: your acknowledgement will be included on the installation in large font on a large leaf.
When deciding on your acknowledgement, please note the following:
- Acknowledgements are limited to 30 characters including spaces and must feature letters only. We cannot include symbols, quotes or poems on the installation.
- The positioning of all acknowledgements on the installation will be decided by the NT and the designer.
- Acknowledgements may not be fully visible once the installation is installed.
- Once you provide your acknowledgement and it is included in the installation, it will not be possible to remove it.
- We reserve the right to refuse to include (or to remove) an acknowledgement if, in the NT’s sole discretion, it is offensive or inappropriate; and/or if it refers to someone who commits any act or omission, or is implicated in any public controversy, that might damage the NT’s reputation and good-standing.
The installation will be displayed at the National Theatre building on the South Bank for up to five years from the date of installation. At our discretion, we may choose to display the installation for a longer or shorter period of time and/or change its location.
We do not offer any full or partial refunds on donations to National Theatre Together.
If you choose to provide a name or names for your acknowledgement, these names will be made public as part of the installation. If you choose to include someone else’s name, it is your responsibility to ensure that they would have no objection to their name being included on the installation.
The National Theatre strives for best practice in fundraising and is registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
We are transparent with our donors and supporters, ensuring that our fundraising is legal, open, honest and respectful.