A vast building next door to Paddington Station has been transformed into the forgotten world of Temple Studios, London’s legendary film powerhouse.
The legendary Temple Studios was established in 1942 as the British outpost for major Hollywood studio Republic Pictures. For a brief period during the 1950s it was a prolific powerhouse producing films across a variety of genres including period dramas, musicals, historical epics and intimate thrillers. In the early 1960s the output of the studio waned and employees were sworn to secrecy about the studio’s projects. Little is known about the films in development at that time. In October 1962 the studio was closed overnight. The dramatic events that led to the building being condemned have been a closely kept secret ever since.
What to expect at Temple Studios:
- Please note that this is a promenade performance and comfortable footwear is recommended. The experience is a personal journey and you may find yourself separated from your group.
- Warning: There will be areas of darkness and confined space. Haze and strobe effects are used in this production.
- The air quality in the building may not be suitable for certain people - pregnant women; people with asthma, multiple chemical sensitivity or respiratory conditions.
- Audiences will wear a mask for the duration of the performance. We recommend contact lenses instead of glasses where possible.
- The age restriction for this performance is 16yrs+. Anyone aged 16 or 17 must be accompanied by an adult. Photo ID will be required on entry.
- No bags of any size will be permitted in the performance space. If you do bring items with you, a compulsory cloakroom will operate.
- There is a bar in operation during the performance. There you can take a break and enjoy a drink. Masks can be removed in the bar area only. The bar will operate a challenge 25 policy and will accept cash only. Please note that the bar is not open pre-show.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time within the premises. Patrons wishing to smoke outside are asked to wait until they leave the venue at the end of the performance as re-admission will not be permitted
From Paddington Station: Take Exit 1 towards St Mary’s Hospital. Walk up the concourse and then turn left onto Praed Street. At the junction, turn left onto London Street.
From Paddington Underground (District & Circle line): Exit the station and turn right onto Praed street. At the junction, turn left onto London Street.
From Paddington Underground (Hammersmith & City and Bakerloo line): Follow signs for Paddington Overground Station. Exit Paddington Station via Exit 1 towards St Mary’s Hospital. Walk up the concourse and then turn left onto Praed Street. At the junction, turn left onto London Street.
Bus stops H and F are located on Praed Street and are serviced as follows:
Bus stop H (7, 23, 27, 36, 159, 205, 332, 436, N7)
Bus stop F (7, 23, 27, 36, 159, 205, 436, N7)
If you are attending a late show on a Friday or Saturday night, please plan your journey home in advance. Night buses serve the area well, with regular departures from Paddington throughout the night (services include 23, 27, 36, 159, 205, N7).
When leaving the venue, please take care to keep noise to a minimum with respect to neighboring residents and businesses.