Explore the backstage life of the National Theatre.
The National Theatre is a working building, producing over 20 new productions every year. Preparation for the shows, including rehearsals, prop and costume-making all happen on site. No two tours are ever the same, so come and see what’s happening behind the scenes today.
Entry Pass Members: £5 (not available to book online – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book)
Groups of 8 or more: £7.50 each (not available to book online – please email to book)
Up late tours
Join us to venture up above the Olivier Theatre on selected Monday evenings on one of our special tours. These tours last approximately 45 minutes.
- All tickets £10
- The tour route takes us up high and into confined spaces. If you are not comfortable at height or in restricted areas, then please join a Backstage Tour
- There are many stairs, some steep. We regret this is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility.
- ‘Sensible’ footwear, please – no high heels.
- We regret we have no cloakroom facility available.
- We will provide torches.
- You will be asked to wear Hard-hat and Hi-vis vest.
- Over 18’s only.
- Must be booked in advance. Call to find out the next scheduled tours and to book tickets: 0207 452 3000. For further information, email email@example.com
Family Tours - Half term and holidays
Specially tailored backstage tours for you and your family, available during the school holidays.
- Visit unseen and backstage areas
- Handle props from previous productions
- Try out some costumes
Tickets £8.50 – for each paying adult up to three children go free.
Tours last approx. 60 minutes and are suitable for children aged 5-12. The National Theatre is a working building and we regret that we cannot take children under the age of 5.
Present your Family Tour tickets to get great discounts in our cafes, restaurants and bookshop.
Selected Saturdays, 10am, £12.50
See the craft and skill of the NT’s costume team including the cutting room, dye shop and wig room. Approx 2hrs.
For more information contact the Box Office on 0207 452 3000.
For the hearing impaired (including hearing aid users) the Contego system, an easy-to-use wireless listening device, is now available for use on Backstage Tours. Please inform us at the time of booking if you would like to use the Contego system, or if you have any additional access requirements.
For further information on tour times, availability and group bookings email firstname.lastname@example.org