We aim to provide teachers and students with free, beautifully-designed, easy-to-use resources that will enhance any learning experience.
The NT Digital Classroom offers:
- Podcasts − Audio and video interviews with the artists from the productions, discussions with subject experts and talks from highly regarded practitioners
- Interactive whiteboard resources − A downloadable digital interactive designed for classroom whiteboards with images, video and audio, written by teachers for teachers and complementary to the curriculum
- Online Video − Available to watch in this site or to embed from YouTube in Fronta or other VLEs for homework or project based learning
- iTunes U − Visit our iTunes U plaftorm where you can download or watch hundreds of videos about making theatre, listen to podcasts of interviews with respected theatre practitioners, hear readings, and read production background packs from your favourite shows − all for free.
- Designer sketchbooks − A digital sketchbook featuring images, text and video from designers
- Resource packs − A document to download and print, for teachers and students wanting to find out what has happened during rehearsals for a particular production
- Horse Power − Explore this interactive map from WWI to learn about the role of horses in the war. Find original footage, first hand accounts from cavalrymen, images and facts
- Stagework − An award winning rich-media archive of exciting, performance-related material
- A scheme of work − A teaching pack, to download and print, that has particular relevance to the curriculum
- Platform papers − Transcripts of seminal Platform events
In order to make our free resources widely available to schools we are working in partnership with Promethean Planet and the London Grid for Learning (and through them the NEN) to create an effective education distribution network.
We offer free video and audio to watch or download in iTunes U, YouTube and the TES for teachers and students, to support projects or homework.